Navigating a way through the latest restrictions that has been caused by the Covid-19 pandemic is a struggle for most people. And while there are a few people who are living their lives close to the normalcy that they had in the past, the majority of Americans have seen their lives alternated in one way or another. Some people have lost jobs, others are working reduced hours, and many are working from home. For those with compromised immune systems, however, life is very different. Trying to stay home and limit the amount of time that even family members are out and about is essential.
In addition to the economic side of all these changes, of course, is the medical side. For patients who require weekly, and sometimes more frequent, physical therapy or chiropractic treatments, the use of telemedicine can offer some help, but there are a number of patients who depend on specific kinds of machines and equipment. For instance, if you have been suffering from debilitating back pain you may require weekly sessions with an activator spinal adjustment device or other kind of equipment. For these patients, early morning hours in a clinic just after it has been cleaned and opened remains essential.
Telemedicine Cannot Solve All of the Needs Americans Have
From chiropractic adjustment tools to computerized range of motion testing equipment, there are many kinds of important services that chiropractors and physical therapists offer their patients. And while there are some patients who may be nearing the end of their treatment plan and can rely on video conferring with a therapist to get the care they need, there are still are many others who need to be seen in person. Weighing the risks of being out of the home agains the pain that a person may experience without the regular use of an activator spinal adjustment device is challenging. For people who suffer from the most chronic back pains, however, the choice is obvious. Short of over medicating and risking the problems that can come from that, a once a week trip into to use an activator spinal adjustment device is essential.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the prevalence of back conditions in America and the reasons that some patients need to find a way to make a weekly appointment with a doctor and access to an activator spinal adjustment device:
- The latest estimates indicate that chiropractors treat more than 27 million Americans a year, with a chiropractic adjustment being performed around 1 million times every business day in the U.S.
- 56% of patients who saw a doctor realized a 30% reduction in low back pain. But 94% of patients who underwent treatment with a chiropractor saw a 30% reduction in low back pain after four weeks of visits.
- Chronic inflammation affects millions of Americans. For example, arthritis and joint diseases, one common type of chronic inflammation, affects 350 million people around the world and 43 million people in the U.S. alone.
- Currently, there are 200,000 physical therapists employed in the U.S., with an additional 60,000 projected to be added to the workforce in coming years.
- In fact, US News and Money ranks physical therapist and physical therapist assistant in their top 10 for best healthcare jobs.
- Although engaging in just 10 minutes of physical activity every day can help a person improve mobility and live longer, the majority of Americans do not follow this advice.
- The latest research indicates that four out of 10 Americans will approach a chiropractor before a doctor when suffering from lower back pain.
- 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time, and low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide.
- The job outlook for physical therapists is projected to grow by 28% between the years of 2016 and 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That is much faster than the average growth rate of all occupations.
Range of motion testing solutions and other specifically offered treatments provide a way for many athletes to return to a sport that they love, as well as help a non athlete be more successful and pain free. How are you getting the care that you need?